Thursday, June 12, 2008

Course Evaluation

This post is an invitation to evaluate the course. You have just completed a year of World Studies III and American Studies I. If you would like, please give us feedback on some of the following topics:

  • Reading Material:
  • Animal Farm
  • Black Elk Speaks
  • Hunger
  • Fast Food Nation
  • The World Is Flat
  • Coal
  • Once There Was A War
  • Nickel and Dimed
  • Assessments (Projects, Assignments, Tests and their grading)
  • Use of Technology (Class blog, your blog)
  • Teaching Methods
  • Closing Comments
This feedback helps the History Department review the course and improve it. You are the consumers of this education, and therefore you have the most important insights as to what is effective and what needs improvement.

Thank you to all those who take the time to fill this out. Please be critical of what needs to be improved, and also remember that this is a classroom site, so while you do not have to be nice, you do need to be professional in your language.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

MR.viles is awesome and he is a great teacher. He Was always helping nomatter how bisy.But yes there is always a but i hated absolutly hated BLACK ELK SPEAKS.!!!!please do not forse any more poor souls to read this book.

Anonymous said...

Mr.Merill needs to come back and become a teacher here permitly.!!!

Anonymous said...

Mr Viles, Really great class great classmates, never boring , the notes were great but the main Ides and questions were kind of a pain to remember and make time for.
^~PEACE OUT~^
(_-_-_-_)
*^*^*

Anonymous said...

I think that Fast Food nation was the most boring book ever written and you should get new books. Coal is also very boring. The class was fun and interesting. I like the world studies part better.

beccabeccabangbang said...

* Reading Material:
* Black Elk Speaks - one of the more interesting books out of all that I read. I think more people should read books like it. Anyone who thinks it is awful is probably a bad reader or not very smart.
* Hunger - Also one of the more interesting books. Informative and well written.
* Fast Food Nation - Apparently too high a reading level for most of your students, but not myself. I found it one of the more interesting.
* Coal - Most boring out of those I read, but still readable.

If you want books that kids would enjoy reading, maybe you shouldn't make the limit 200 pages.

* Assessments (Projects, Assignments, Tests and their grading) - Most projects were alright. The hardest of the projects was the book portfolio. I liked the current even much better. Tests were somewhat easy, except the essays. They take too long and make my hand hurt, especially since I had English class right before that class.
* Teaching Methods - Mr. Viles, you are a great teacher. I've learned a lot from you even though I don't enjoy history at all. I like how you involve the class when you discuss the notes. You have positively affected my life and my thinking. Thank you.
* Closing Comments - I'm doing this even though I should be studying. =]]
-- Becca Havu

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is that I think you shoul let next yrs students pick out the own books for the book portfolio after first quarter that way they know what you want them to read and they don't have to suffer your horrible tast in books.
then I also want to say "I HATE the group projects" i like the current events MUCH better
wel I gotto go
will miss you and I hope to see you next year